I eat a lot of fish and vegetables anyway, but in an attempt to try to find some new fish recipes, I’m trying some new things at home. I’m also trying to ensure my body has the nutrients it needs to complete my last long run before my half in 2 weeks.
Pan-Cooked Mediterranean Tilapia with Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
Makes 1 large serving
Calories: 588 kcal
Fat: 22 g
Protein: 41 g
Carbs: 63 g
4 oz Tilapia filet
2 tsp olive oil
12 small slices zucchini and summer squash
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp tomato paste
8 grape tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped into large pieces
3/4 cup fresh cauliflower flowerets, cut to bite size
3/4 cup fresh broccoli flowerets, cut to bite size
6 spears asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 cup quinoa (I like Alter Eco brand)
2 tbsp Pecorino Romano
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and array 1/4 cup of the onions, 4 of the tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus & peppers. Sprinkle with salt and Mrs. Dash.
2) Bring 3/4 cup of broth to a boil, add salt & pepper and quinoa, bring to medium heat. Add additional liquid as quinoa absorbs it. Continue cooking until its al dente.
3) Put baking sheet into the oven. Let bake until it quinoa and tilapia are cooked.
4) Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add remaining onion and garlic. Season with salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add tilapia and remaining vegetables. Flip fish occasionally, and stir veggies around it. Cook fish until it falls apart with a fork. Remove from heat. Add tomato paste to the vegetables, and stir until heated up.
6) Add pecorino and roasted veggies to quinoa and stir until mixed well.
7) Serve with pan veggies over tilapia, and season with additional salt & Mrs. Dash.