About a month ago, I started giving you all hints about some big news in my life.
It took a little longer to get everything in order than I thought, so my hints were less than thrilling. But, the time has come: tomorrow morning, at 8 am
That was just for you Nicole 🙂
Just kidding, but tomorrow morning I start a new chapter in my life. After being in a leadership training program for the last 6 months in Birmingham, I got offered a big promotion (like I’ve worked my @$$ off for the last 4 years to get offered a job at this level). And this promotion means I’ll finally find out if
Image from egrift.com
Yes, I got a big promotion and I get to move to Philly!
I technically start my new job tomorrow, and it’s completely different than anything I’ve ever done before. I’m stretching myself outside of my comfort zone professionally, and moving to yet another new city. Until I find a place to live, I’ll be flying back and forth to Birmingham on weekends, and staying in a hotel in Philly on weekdays.
As much as I love hotel points, I have an entire life in storage in Connecticut, and I would really like to get settled and start my next chapter, for real. So as soon as I landed in Philly this afternoon, I went to see 4 apartments, and I am seeing as many as possible on Tuesday so that I can hopefully have a lease signed by Wednesday.
So, if I had a prize, the prize would have gone to Emma at A Mom Runs this Town for guessing correctly several weeks ago.
Here are 5 reasons I am super pumped about this news:
1) This is a running city. There are trails, and routes, and running groups, and races, and I cannot wait to be prt of it. Unfortunately I didn’t run tonight like I’d planned. Walking around for hours in the heat while under-rested and dehydrated killed me. I decided it was more important to get to bed early tonight and give my body a little rest. But this week, I’ll be logging lots of miles!
2) I’m back in PA! I understand the rivalry with Pittsburgh, but I am just excited to be back to the last state I really called home. And I’m close to lots of grad school classmates and friends, which is a plus.
3) It’s a big city. I haven’t lived in a BIG city in almost 8 years, when I lived in DC. I’m excited to be back in a place where I’m not one of only a few transplants. And, the shopping is fabulous.
4) I get to start fresh. I’ve been through a lot in the last 6 months, and am ready to kick-start my life back into gear.
5) I don’t have to drive everyday. I cannot explain how happy I am to be in a place where I can use public transportation or walk easily to almost everything. Don’t get me wrong, my little convertible is coming with me, but he’ll get to rest more.
So there it is! I totally over-hyped it, but its huge to me. When I moved to Birmingham 6 months ago, I knew I’d be moving again, but I didn’t know where, and I could not be more happy about it.
Now, here’s to hoping I find a place to live, quickly!
What was the last big change that happened to your life?
What has been the favorite place you’ve lived?
What would you do if you got to start fresh?