And just no fun.
But after a wonderful weekend getting my life reorganized, finding a great new yoga instructor, and feeling better about my priorities, I was also just exhausted. I have some theories on some food choices I’ve been making, which I’m testing out, and I am refocused on shutting down and sleeping earlier than seems normal for a 32 year old single woman.
I also had an amazing conversation with Lauren (@Creative_LG) last night that got me to thinking about what I love, what makes me happy, and if I’ve been so focused on tasks lately I’ve forgotten what drives me.
So I got my butt up and out of bed this morning determined to run hard, even though I hit snooze too much and I would be late to work (for the record, no one noticed I arrived an hour late). I felt amazing all day because of it, and decided:
“Everyone does those Five on Friday posts, but five is a lot, and Friday is already lovely, so lets do Three on Thursday”
So Three on Thursday kicks off, and the point is to focus on 3 things that make you happy, 3 areas of focus, and 3 accomplishments for the week. I hope it works the way I think it will, otherwise, back to boring.
Three things that Make me Happy
1) The little notes I’ve started leaving myself on my computer at work. Some days its a reminder of what workout I’m doing that night, or, like today, reminding myself that I’m awesome.
2) My new rug. It’s just perfect and it makes me smile.
Three Area of Focus
1) Being thankful. It’s easy to get bogged down in whatever is going on, and not stop and look around at what you’ve got. This week I will be more thankful for what I have.
2) Strength. Strength training is always the first thing I give up when I’m busy. I must get back to it if I want to hit my goals and not get injured.
3) Taking time. I’m always in a rush, or feel like I should be. It’s okay to be late sometimes, or to not plan and just live. And when life gets overwhelming, it’s okay to step back and think before acting.
1) I had my first big meeting at the new job this week, and it went fabulously. It also reminded me of what really makes me happy work-wise.
2) I got new pillows. My pillows needed replacement, and I ordered new ones. Try arrived today, and I’m pumped to try them out.
3) I signed up for something that will help me stay on track, more to come, but I recognized an issue and took action!
What is something that makes you happy?
What’s an area you need to put some focus on in your life?
What’s something you accomplished this week?