I feel like every few weeks between random conversations with colleagues, friends, or by reading others blog posts, I come to a realization of some sort. This has been one of those weeks.
Things that make me Happy
– My best running friend, Karen. I love that in just a few months of running together on weekends and pretty much daily text conversations, she’s become a fixture in my life. Without her, marathon training would not be happening, and with her it’s quite fun!
– The fact that there is a Twitter Coffee Crew (even if some members don’t drink coffee) that is trying to find a race to all run together because we are a fixture in most mornings. We’re taking suggestions. We’d like it to be ridiculous (such as a Ragnar Relay) and preferably in July or August. Go!
– That I have finally gotten to the point in my life where other people’s opinions mean very little to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love having people like me, I like feedback, and am constantly looking for ways to be a better me, but to quote an ad from Cigna’s Go You campaign:
Image from underconsideration.com
Areas of Focus
– My life is a mess. Both literally and figuratively. I’ve developed this terrible habit of coming home, dropping my stuff on my extra couch, and never moving it. Like ever. (The use of there word “like” there was justified.) I need to focus on not being so lazy and keeping my stuff organized.
– Figuratively, I’ve been super focused on running for the last few months, I haven’t really tried to do anything else. I’m jealous of a colleague who has lived here as long as me, and he threw a dinner party for some of his neighbors on Sunday. I only know Al and Eileen, the retired couple next door, and a middle-aged, probably divorced man, named Paul who lives on the floor above me that keeps the same work hours of me. They seem nice, but probably not my ideal dinner party.
– Rework my eating again. I’m stuck in a spot on the scale and am not losing inches anymore either. If I eat less, I’m starving, and my ratio of macros seems right, so I can’t figure out what’s going wrong.
– Karen and I ran our longest distance ever in a race this weekend. 18 windy miles!
– I officially have new responsibilities at work, and my new employees seem very excited about the change. We’ll see how long that lasts. I’m tough.
– I said yesterday I was going to do a random act of kindness after an awesome Tweet from Alex+Ani. As I was leaving Whole Foods last night, an extremely pregnant woman was pushing a cart pull of bags to her car. I offered to load her car up, and she was so happy to have help, I felt great. I need to do those kinds of things more often.
What’s on your mind this week? Happy thoughts, areas of focus, accomplishments?
Thoughts on a Coffee Crew race?
Ideas on my eating? Anyone an RD?