Although I’m back in Philly, I’m still on vacation until Thursday. So what am I spending my last 2 days of 2013 doing? If you guessed running, you’re right, at least partially.
My plans for the next couple of days are setting me up to be successful in a few of my goals in 2014, both personally and running.
– Testing a new fitness concept. There’s a good chance while you’re reading this, I’m having my butt whipped into shape at Unite Fitness. Unite works on a Heart Muscle Mind philosophy, which is an integrated training approach that combines the right ratio of cardio, strength and yoga to push your body to new limits. I’m doing my trial day with them, and will evaluate whether this is the right thing to take my own training to new places. I did a cross-train run with them this summer, and it was awesome, so I’m excited to see what a full class does to me.
– Running with Young Involved Philadelphia. Usually, YiP’s run group is on Tuesdays, so I can never make it. But the destination for this run will be closed later in January when they would normally do the run, so they moved it up. Yay me.
– Getting organized. My apartment is once again a disaster area. I’m putting in some time and energy to get things lined up so I can start 2014 feeling like I’m home.
– A haircut. Hey, I didn’t say it was all awesome. And apparently it’s been almost 6 months since I got my hair cut. As a warning, I tend to do crazy things with my hair in situations like this. Last year, I cut 6 inches off and dyed it red.
– Attending & Running the Philly Midnight Run and Party. Maureen agreed to do this with me, and it’s exactly (okay, preferably the party would not be at a bar like McFadden’s but I’ll live) what I’m looking to do to kick 2013 out the door and welcome 2014. Ridiculous running attire. A few drinks. A 5k. Love it.
– Finishing my 2014 Goal Setting. I’ve got a lot of personal and running goals for next year, and need to go to a coffee shop and write my plans down. Ooh I need a new journal. I like really writing goals out by hand, and I have a training journal but need a goal journal.
– Start packing for WDW Marathon. 13 days away. This is nuts.
What are your plans for the last few days?
Have you finished your 2014 goals?
What are your big New Year’s Eve plans?