The last few
weeks months have been awesome and terrible at the same time. I’ve been traveling more than ever. Stressed beyond belief. And just generally focused on being everything I need and want to be at work, and not focused at all on anything else.
This means I’ve let my training slide. I’ve let my nutrition plummet. And both have resulted in the scale going up, and me feeling lousy.
I want to be very clear, though. I don’t feel lousy because of the number on the scale (I actually don’t even know what that is right now) but because I feel my body changing in unhealthy ways.
I started the Summer Shred with Bobbi McCormick and haven’t even gotten through 2 days of sticking to the plan.
I started the Runner’s World Summer Run Streak and let work/life get me off track.
I’ve got a half marathon in a month and am no where near ready for it.
I’m tired. I’m stressed. I’m living in a temporary home so I’m without most of my stuff, and I’m ready to just be settled.
I’m officially starting tomorrow, but using today as my day to mentally prepare. I got 12 hours of sleep last night, and started my morning with hot lemon water (True Lemon is the perfect way to make it without having to deal with juicing lemons) which are 2 things my body needed and the right start to taking control again.
– Put together a final month of training for Zooma Napa that will get my body ready, including runs and plenty of cross training and strength.
– Really plan out my weekly menu by writing it down, sticking to it, and prepping it on Sunday.
– Forcing myself not to buy any food that is not on my plan for the week. This will help stick to my budget, but also keep me in check with my planned meals. If I really decide I want something else, I have to go to the grocery store to get it.
– Be active. Being active doesn’t just mean doing my workouts. It means walking, biking, skipping, jumping, dancing and yoga-ing as much as possible.
– Plan rest and relaxation. I need to be more diligent about active rest, and relaxation. Whether it’s reading on a blanket in the park, getting a massage, or just making sure I’m shutting down 30-60 minutes before bed. It needs to be a focus.
– Accept that I’m giving up the Runner’s World Run Streak. As much as I wanted to make it happen, I’ve got too much going on right now, and don’t want to get burned out on running. I may try my own summer streak between Independence Day and Labor Day. Maybe.
– Stop thinking in all or nothing terms. If I have a craving and give in, it’s not the end of the world, and it doesn’t mean I can then go completely nuts. I need to enjoy it, and move on.
I am also going to try to check in regularly on here, even though I’ve said I won’t be posting as regularly. It might be a really short post, but it helps to keep me accountable, and I’m hoping you’ll help me too! Anyone else want a little accountability to make healthy choices? Jump on board.
What are you focused on for June?
What do you do when you find yourself way off plan?
What non-food or workout goal do you have this summer?