It’s easy to get caught up making the same thing week after week because you like it, and it’s healthy. But sometimes you need to get outside your comfort zone and go someplace different in the kitchen.
That was me this week. Cauliflower is all the rage, but I’ve loved it forever, so with fun things like whole roasted cauliflower heads, I’m in it fully. The biggest question is what to flavor it with?
Well, curry, of course! It’s something I’ve been teaching myself to like since grad school (thanks to Rashmi and Tyson who got me to actually eat it), but going heavy on the curry has always scared me. I’m not great with hot food, although I’m getting better with it, so I decided to take a Pinterest recipe and make it my own.
Curry Roasted Cauliflower Head with Sautéed Shrimp & Kale
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 315 kCal
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp True Lime (or 1 tsp lime juice)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil
35 large shrimp
12 leaves curly kale
Coconut oil spray
1) Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover glass baking pan with aluminum foil.
2) Rinse cauliflower head, dry and put into pan. In small bowl, mix spices into a paste. Use brush or a gloved hand to slather cauliflower with the paste. Put into heated oven, and turn oven timer on for 45 minutes.
3) While the cauliflower is cooking, clean shrimp and kale. Rip kale leaves into small pieces.
4) Coat sauté pan with coconut oil spray and cook shrimp and kale over medium heat. Sautéed until kale begins to crisp and brown. Sprinkle salt over mixture.
5) When cauliflower is cooked (knife should easily cut through it), remove from oven and cut into 4 pieces. Serve each piece with a serving of shrimp and kale. Serve with additional sprinkle of salt, as needed.