I have always loved breakfast. But over the years, I’ve come to love a hearty, healthy savory breakfast rather than a sugary sweet start to the day.
Lately I’m loving combos that I can make most of during weekly meal prep, and just heat up each morning for a filling, healthy meal.
Baked Eggs and Veggies with Savory Oats and Sautéed Kale
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 360 kCal
Dietary Fiber: 8g
3 cups liquid egg whites
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
2 cups vegetable broth
50g diced red pepper
100g cauliflower flowerets, cut into small pieces
100g broccoli flowerets, cut into small pieces
100g asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
Fresh kale leaves, ripped and removed from stalk
Cholula Chiptole Sauce (or other hot sauce)
Pecorino Romano (can substitute Parmesan or nutritional yeast)
Egg Bake (Weekly Meal Prep)
– Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat square or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
– Pour egg whites into dish. Break eggs into separate areas of baking dish. Do not whisk or mix. Top with salt & pepper.
– Put into oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked, and browning around edges.
Roasted Veggies (Weekly Meal Prep)
– Add vegetables to baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt.
– Add to oven, and cook for 20-30 minutes or until veggies start to brown.
Savory Oats (Weekly Meal Prep
– Heat vegetable broth until boiling. Add rolled oats.
– Cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened. Should be al dente, not soft and soupy like oatmeal.
Sautéed Kale (Make to eat)
– Spray medium sauté pan with cooking spray. Add ripped 30-40g of kale leaves to pan, and spray lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt.
– Cook over medium-high heat until leaves are wilted and starting to brown.
To serve, simply serve out a serving of egg, veggies and oats. Heat in microwave for 1:30-2:00 minutes. Serve eggs over sautéed kale. Top with ~35g of diced avocado, 1 tbsp of pecorino, and doused with hot sauce, as desired.