I’ve been trying to limit my grocery trips to once a week, and using what I have. My freezer is stocked with frozen prep meals and proteins at all times (I mean what would I cook if I got locked in my apartment for a week), so outside of not having exactly what I might want, this is a doable task.
Saturday night I really needed to increase protein and carbs for the day, so I pulled out my salmon filets and started thinking. I quickly pulled together a delicious and nutritious dinner cooked in less than 20 minutes from prep to plate.
Pan Roasted Cinnamon Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 190 kCal
Dietary Fiber: 3g
1 4 oz filet of salmon
4-5 Brussels Sprouts
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt to taste
1) Spray 2 medium sauté pans with cooking spray (olive, canola, or coconut work best).
2) Dice Brussels sprouts, and add to one pan. Turn on medium heat, and sprinkle with salt. Toss often
3) Add salmon filet to second pan, sprinkle with salt and turn heat to medium-low.
4) After 2-4 minutes, add 1 tsp of cinnamon to Brussels sprouts. Continue to toss and cook.
5) Turn salmon every 2-3 minutes. After several minutes, sprinkle cinnamon over top side. When turned, add to the opposite side. Each side should be crisp and golden brown.
6) When fish is golden, and sprouts are browning, take off heat and serve.
7) I served with black beans, but would go great with quinoa or couscous, or even sautéed kale.